Sunday, October 9, 2011

spain is in my future

I can neither confirm nor deny that statement. My friends this week were talking about a trip to Spain during the Summer break. I don't think I will be able to go tho, because I have to come home sometime. I want to be able to stay till July 31 so I can have 11 months like everyone else. I think if I talked to Daniel and Petra, if the time comes, they would let me stay in the guest bedroom. There are seven bedrooms in this house so there is plenty of space.

The bag of Reeses is gone and I am sad, but German chocolate is better. Petra told me that they are new her new favorite chocolate. I am pretty sure she helped my finished the bag. While I am on the topic of food, seems to be in every blog, I tried German pizza. Tammy's is better of course. Yesterday I brought up Kraft Mac & Cheese; everyone was confused. Petra didn't know Kraft made cheese. I pulled to the Philadelphia Cream Cheese out the fridge to show her. I have not seen it in the grocery store so I think that it is not distributed in Germany.

I am still waiting to gain the foreign exchange 15, like everyone said they did. So far I have lost weight. I am not sure how much because I haven't found a scale, and I don't know the conversion from kilos to pounds. It has been a month and a week since my last haircut and that has to be some kind of record for me. It looks like a mess because I don't know how to style it. I should probably find a fine girl named brandy because i feel by Thanksgiving I will have a Joe Dirt sized mullet.

This week I spent a couple hours in the Borken immigration office to obtain a residents permit. The lady asked me if I wanted to stay for more than a year. I couldn't answer that because I don't know what I want to do. My German is getting better tho, Petra said after Berlin she was surprised how at how well I was speaking. She expects me to be close to fluent by the end of the month.

Everyone thinks that Germans are proud of Hasselhof and that they love him, but you have it all wrong. It is actually Dirk Nowitzki. I get asked at least once a week if I know who Dirk Nowitzki is. I am really glad I got the Sirius XM for my computer before I left because the only thing they listen to here is a mix station, (ranges from Katy Perry to The Cure), I hear the same song, Stay the Night by James Blunt, at least five times a day an it is driving me crazy. I also heard Billy Idol and C+C Music Factory yesterday which kind of made me laugh.

German is also the coldest country on the planet. Last night I spent the night laying of the Hearth of the fireplace watching Golden Eye. It is currently 54℉. I had to learn to use a radiator this week. When I said we that is isn't common to have on in the U.S. I got funny looks, both at school and at home. I tried to describe the furnace and vents but they didn't understand. Its like the idea of a thermostat for an entire house was crazy to them; it's either that or they thought we were extremely wasteful. My host dad couldn't believe that places in Texas didn't recycle. I told them they are the Bavaria of America and they don't represent all of America, it is just where our negative stereotypes come from and he got a kick out of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment