Sunday, November 27, 2011

Go For Gold

That was said to me this week, if I said it, it would be," Go for Platinum." because gold is for people who want soar high but are afraid of heights. This week was a of firsts; I gave my first presentation in German, I got into my first German fight, and I played mechanic willing. The presentation I gave was over the cultivation, harvest, and production of Tobacco. I can now say I consider myself somewhat fluent because I nailed the presentation. In that same class I also got into my first fight in German. It was over whether table tennis is a sport or not. I say it's not and so do a few other people. There was once a Beretta more reliable than this bike in the Sikorski family. I am not sure why, but every week there is a new problem with it. So Saturday, after my language curse, I was excited to be mechanic because it gave me something to do, unfortunately all I need to do was hit the bike to fix it. I didn't even get to swear or throw a wrench or two. I have learned that you can never fix anything with swearing and throwing things.

I spent my Thanksgiving in a German Immigration office. I guess you can call me a real American. I didn't miss Thanksgiving because all that holiday is, is the feast before Black Friday. It is just a day to come together with family, and my family does that every weekend; the difference is that on this day we have a giant turkey. I got my residents permit card, and it is pretty cool. There's a giant holograph of my face in the middle. I am now a legal German Resident until it expires on August 31.

Tuesday, Rotary had some kind of group meeting at a local business, Pietsch (Peach). Pietsch is next to Tobit, and if you ever come to Ahaus, the people here will make sure to tell that in 2008/2009 Flo Rida had a concert inside of Tobit. Tobit is a big software company, and it actually cool that Flo Rida came to this small town of 20,00-35,000. Anyway, Pietsch sell bathrooms. We started out in the showroom, and I got Yeli to ask one of the showroom staff where the toilet was. It cracked me up when the Ceofeld rotary club members spoke extra slow to me at first until they realized I can have a normal speed conversation.

On Wednesday, Daniel, Petra, and I went to Logo for a photo show. Michael Martin travelled the world for 30 years and is now going around Germany giving a presentation over his travels. It was pretty cool, and I couldn't believe I understood everything. It would be definitely something I would see again. I think it is because I want to travel africa in an old VW bus.

My new name is Wattum Sitzodski. My name was some how got screwed up in the transfer to Europe, but they think I am Warren Hunter Sikorski. In fact was my name for the Terhalle event. I signed all my paper work(all 800 sheets of paper, and that's not an exaggeration) with Hunter Sikorski, and My name in the documents all say Hunter Warren SIKORSKI. I am not sure why but Rotary made us use all caps for the last name. Wattum was my name for the Pietsch event. I am not sure who to blame, so like everything else, Steve this is your fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment