Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hollanders are OK!

It is week eleven or so, and I already know what I am doing when I get home. Monday night I had a dream about Grande Jakes. I don't know why because I like the tacos at Tacos El Norte so much better. But anyway, in this dream I ate a chorizo egg burrito, 15 steak tacos, and 3 chicken gortidas. It was the best dream ever.

Tuesday night, I went with the Rotary club to a Deutschland vs. Holland soccer game. One thing that cracked me up was that we went with our sister rotary club in Enschede, Holland. I was surprised there weren't any fights after Germany killed Holland, 3-0. Germans don't speak Dutch, and Hollanders speak german like there tongue is swollen. It was a night of english speaking. I don't know if I can say this, so I will just type it instead, The Hollanders were more fun than the Germans, oops. That is not completely true, but the Dutch club is just a younger crowd.

Petra is awesome, nuff said. For the four hour bus ride to Hamburg, Petra bought me candy to eat on the way. It was an awesome, unexpected surprise. Then the next morning whatever was leftover was eaten by Albert. The Hollanders also gave us boxes of food. These boxes had schnitzel, two sandwiches, meat balls, and a couple sausage links. There were also an Apple and Orange, but who cares about that. They also passed around boxes of the great doughnut ever, and some kind of almond coffee cake thing.

Speaking of soccer, I might have finally of chosen a German soccer club. Petra's friend gave Petra a Bayern Muenchen jersey that was too small for her kid, so that was passed to me. They are in the first place spot so it wouldn't be a bad bandwagon to jump on; Daniel would be proud, but I am not going to say anything. My Rotarian is Shalke so that might not go over well.

This week in English we finally got to talk about the downfalls in America. Guess who was the best? I don't think it was my first hand knowledge or anything. I felt so good to say those things too. My english book only talked about everything good in America and like it was written by a Uncle Sam himself. It is as if the crazy train crashed itself into the bullshit factory causing an explosion that spewed douchbagery everywhere. It makes me want to puke, but then it nice that we can celebrate our country. In the words of a german,"We can't be patriotic because if we do, then we are called nazis." That is sad, every country should be able to celebrate there heritage, but some need to know how to tone it down. I know I will sport a german flag and not think twice about it.

I had Liederkäse this week. Can I still get Extra Credit for that? It's not like lieberkaese was that exotic. I like liverwurst so it wasn't a surprise that I would like lieberkaese. If I had to describe the taste I would say Oscar Mayor Wiener Hotdog. Which made me wonder, is there liver in Oscar Mayor Hotdogs? It wouldn't shock me if there is, it's cheap meat.

Now that I have come pretty close to mastering German, I have taken on a new task, learning Spanish. I don't know why I am trying so hard to master Spanish. I think it is because I am in a spanish class too advanced for me, and I feel bad I don't completely understand everything. Yeli makes sure to tell five times a day that I am a gringo, but yo soy el gringo de favorito de Yeli.

No comments:

Post a Comment