Thursday, September 29, 2011

I am a German Citizen?

This week I decided to write down a list of things to talk about on the blog. I think I am going to keep doing that. It hasn't been a week, yet I decided to type a new blog post because I am leaving for Berlin Tomorrow and that deserves its own blog.
   

  •  So the first topic, I got a letter today with my german social security number. Petra said it was good for my entire lifetime so I am not sure if that means I am a citizen or not. I am just going to say I am and be sadly disappointed later.
  • Europe dresses like a funeral. "Black is forever modern, and white is so not" in the words of my host uncles girlfriend. White uses to be the modern color so a lot of older cars are white. Everyone wears Black, dark blue, or gray and it looks like a funeral. Everyones car is even a dark color.
  • Europe is having a bit of a debt crisis, but I wouldn't know that because Germany is Europe's strongest economy and no one seems to be worried about the potential melt down in Greece. Speaking of not caring, I am going to Amsterdam during the fall break at the end of October! May be they trick or treat.
  • Math is probably my best class besides English. I can actually do the homework and understand it. Math has always been an easy class for me. Mrs. Ivan sucked at teaching me math, but she did do a good job at teaching me how to use a TI-83 graphing calculator.
  • All my friends are just starting driving school, and I am a little jealous because in Germany everyone must start out on a stick shift. I know I would prefer an automatic because it makes life easier, but I want to know how to drive stick. My friend Steffen thinks the BMW X5 is too big to park; I didn't tell him I drive a dodge ram. He thinks the X1 is the prefect sized SUV, that might be true but it doesn't look as good as an X5.
  • And finally, I managed to make it all the way to Europe with a mixed matched pair of socks. In my defense, they were both black pumas with gray writing. My phone can write not only in English but also in German and Russian. The more and more I see Russian in my school, I kind of wish I took the class.
Check back tuesday or wednesday next week for the Berlin blog. Can you believe I finished my english paper before I left for the weekend instead of waiting for late monday like usual. Germany your changing me and I don't like it. Happy German Unity Day Everyone! (October 3rd)

No comments:

Post a Comment