Sunday, September 11, 2011

Just an Update

I started school last wednesday. I already now I love german school more than american school. I have three or four classes a day and plenty of breaks. Yelitza (the eduacdorian inbound) and I have all of our classes together expect one. My classes are English, Spanish, German, Physics (because I loved it so much), biology, geography, math, gym, computers, and art. I think my favorite class is bio because the teacher is cool. I never thought spanish would be my easy class, haven't been to english yet. None of my teachers knew I was an exchange student till I said my name was Sikorski. German kids aren't as shy as everyone said they would be. I have had no problem making friends. Friday I had my first rotary get to gather thing and It started out with a mimosas and ended with a german mimosas (sprite and beer). Saturday we had our first inbound meeting and that was pretty cool. The Latin American kids either think I am from Latin America or can speak spanish fluently because they kept speaking to me in spanish but the other white kids in english, and It could of been that I was with Yeli. Then Saturday night I went to the Kermis in Ahaus which is just a Lindenfest, but better the rides were crazier and the food was better. I tried currywurst which was one of the best things ever. It is pretty much just a brat smothered in curry ketchup, (oh yeahs that is really popular in Germany). Then on Sunday Opa turned 69 so went to his house to celebrate. You will never go thirsty or hungry in Germany. On the way home we stopped for Doener which is the Gyros better cousin. It is definitely my new favorite food. Germans love Pink and Katy Perry with a little Lady Gaga thrown in because that is all the radio stations play. And finally, On September 30th I am going to Berlin with my host family. I also found out that I will be in the same house for a year, which is awesome because I love it here. Germany is great, food is Great, and Life is Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment