Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My School Burned Down

Something happened this week, and the school were I go for German Class caught fire. It was something with the garbage cans and my teacher. It is still standing, and I still have to go to german class and that sucks.

This week, Albert finally said he thinks I am fluent. A compliment from this kid, is like if someone came up with the cure for cancer. I have a goal tho, Petra and I came up with it. Once her parents can understand my German I am officially fluent. Petra's Parents speak plott or blott(don't really know) German and it really means, they speak with a little hollandish. Good thing no one speaks it anymore because regular German is better.

Petra surprised me this week, she can actually speak english. She always acted like she couldn't. She still can't understand me tho, and that's good.

I learned what worst enemy in German was this week, worst friend. I learned that from the Simpsons. I found that to be true statement. People in Germany are so nice. if you have a worst enemy, then it's really your problem because you are not trying hard enough at your friendship. I have not met someone here, that I hated. The people here are simply awesome. 

Finally, Christmas... 

Christmas here was perfect. I could not of asked for a better Christmas. I am finally a member of the family. Petra and Daniel gave me Wooden Clogs. It has to be one of the greatest gifts ever. I think I will wear them to the airport. Petra's parents gave me a photo book of German and Daniel's parents gave me a german cookbook. My host uncle Thomas got the Steve Job's bio in German and I got it in English. I want to see who can finish it first. I haven't started so probably him.

People in Germany celebrate on Christmas eve. We celebrated with both sets grandparents and a sauerbraten. Then on Sunday it was breakfast with the six of us, coffee by Daniel's family, and finally dinner by Petra's. The second Christmas day (Monday), is Stephanus. Stephanus is a day of drinking. Usually brought on by the family. It is also the name day for Steffan and Steffen, but only old people celebrate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment